FAQ- Know all about Sweepstakes, Contest And Giveaways
- Are Sweepstakes Legal?
- How to determine what is the best sweepstakes to enter?
- How to increase the chance of winning a sweepstakes?
- I have visited store or purchased from company, Can I win?
- How do you know sweepstake is legit or scam?
- What is difference between Contest and sweepstakes?
- What is the meaning of giveaway?
- What are the chances of winning a giveaway?
- Why do you list survey also? How can I get free giftcard?
- What are various ways to enter sweepstakes?
- What is Automatic sweepstakes entry? Is it legal?
- What kinds of prizes are not legal in sweepstakes?
- How do I know if I am a winner?
- If I win and accept the prize package, will I be responsible for delivery of the prize package?
- Why is my state/province restricted from entry?
- Does SweepstakesBible run the sweepstakes featured on this site?
- Does anyone really win these contests?
- How to promote your own sweepstakes?
1. Are Sweepstakes Legal?
For residents of US and company promotion done in US, These are 100% legal to enter.
There are various state vise rules, but that has to be followed by sweepstakes organizer. For example Tennessee residents can’t enter in alcohol promotion sweepstakes. So organizer will exclude the state. Participant doesn’t have to worry about legality. In the beginning it was started as lottery system, but according to current regulation it is just for brand promotion. Organizer can’t insist participants to purchase, and it should be 100% on luck.
It is also not legal to enter in sweepstakes if you are related to company management in any way. Generally in terms and condition they state employee and any other relation to company are not eligible to enter.
2. How to determine what is the best sweepstakes to enter?
There are various sweepstakes flooded on our websites daily. Some gives cash, trip, cars, coupon or free food supply. It is your choice what do you want. Bigger the prize amount, more participants will be there to enter. Smaller prize will increase your chance but that might not be the best sweepstakes to enter.
Some sweepstakes restrict entries by some states, age, gender and very short period. If you found yourself valid for such sweepstakes, you should enter them. Because it will has low competition than general sweepstakes due to large numbers of entry.
If you are using particular brand and you know maximum about it, you shouldn’t miss any contest from that brand.
There are many sweepstakes which offer hundreds of smaller prizes and few grand prizes. It increases your chance of winning.
If you have time, you can enter in almost all sweepstakes. We arrange the sweepstakes in a way, that you can check the prize amount, dates and all major information from the overview in few minutes.
3. How to increase the chance of winning a sweepstakes?
There are many sweepstakes in which you can enter with multiple entries and in multiple ways. Remember no purchase policy. Purchase will not increase chance of winning. Some sweepstakes accepts daily entries. The more you enter; your chance of winning will be more.
Refer the question just before this. Choose best sweepstakes will increase your chance of winning.
4. I have visited store or purchased from company, Can I win?
No, Never. Again, No Purchase policy is the main rule of sweepstakes. Just make more entries if it is allowed. Visiting store or purchase isn’t required to win. Pepsi stuff is one of the big and successful sweepstakes which runs since last many years. You need to enter unique product code to participate. But according to law they can’t insist purchase of product. So they provide free UPC code it you request. In this way, no purchase necessary or will not increase chance of winning.
5. How do you know sweepstake is legit or scam?
Reputed brands and companies regularly organize sweepstakes and contest for their brand awareness and brand promotion. If they ask your personal information on another page than their brand, you should check carefully for website authenticity. Some data hungry companies collect the private data with offer of prize and gifts. We don’t list such sweepstakes on our website.
Check following before you end up entering the scam.
- They shouldn’t ask purchase or payment details
- It must not require credit card details.
- Real sweepstakes verify your email.
- They don’t send email from personal or public domain email like gmail, yahoo.
- Check the form which you submit, it is authentic website?
- You might get winning email without entering particular sweepstakes.
- They will tell you about your winning, but ask for little charges to pay in advance.
6. What is difference between Contest and sweepstakes?
Contests are not for everyone just sweepstakes. You should be using their product or having deep knowledge. For example Pen Company can run contest in which you have to submit your art. Makeup brand may ask you before and after photo to enter in contest.
Some brand may ask a story about your experience in using product. Some may ask more creative way to suggest new products. Contest gives you more chance of winning, but it is not suitable for you every time and hard to enter.
If you have never heard of particular brand, you don’t know anything about it, you don’t fit in contest, then you shouldn’t waste time in such contest.
7. What is the meaning of giveaway?
Giveaway is as name suggest, they gives you without any expectation from you. It is kind of brand awareness. Generally it is also used for customer appreciation and feedback. It is just as sweepstakes and no difference for US consumer market.
8. What are the chances of winning a giveaway?
However it is game of luck, There are also some calculations in chance of winning. Major chance of winning will be decided by your numbers of entries.
For example a small brand is running sweepstakes in which they have received 1000 entries.
If you have 1 entry in that sweepstakes your chance of winning is 1/1000 = 0.0001%
If you have 20 entries in that sweepstakes your chance of winning is 5/1000= 0.005%
It is clearly 5 times than single entry.
You can increase your chance of winning by selecting a best sweepstakes for you.
Refer. Question number 2.
9. Why do you list survey also? How can I get free giftcard?
When you participate in any sweepstake or contest, you are giving your personal details like name, email, address, zip code. They might also subscribe you for their product promotion. So what’s wrong to give honest opinion of the product and get some reward?
In today’s market, Consumers are not ready to give opinion or spend time in improving any product. So companies give them little reward for their opinion and time. Generally they give gift cards which can be used to purchase their products.
So its a better way to participate in survey and get a free gift card. They really want to hear from you.
10. What are various ways to enter sweepstakes?
Before the computer and email system became popular, it was done by regular 3x5 inch index card that has to mail to particular address. It was needed to be hand written and posted to organizers address.
Today, you need to fill online form with valid email address. Sometimes they required to confirm email id with a click on the link they sent in your email.
11. What is Automatic sweepstakes entry? Is it legal?
Some websites and tools provide a shortcut to enter many sweepstakes in very short time. They does it by collecting your data and filling automatically to that website. It is not legal in any way. Main motive of sweepstakes is brand awareness and promotion. This way hide entrants from the organizer. So stay away from such shortcuts.
12. What kinds of prizes are not legal in sweepstakes?
Tobacco, drugs and guns are not legal. Here on SweepstakeBible, we are not listing such sweepstakes.
13. How do I know if I am a winner?
It varies with every contest. Most company will notify you by mail, either regular post or via a delivery service such as FedEx or UPS. Often you will first hear of your win when an affidavit arrives from the sponsor. Other sponsors will notify via telephone and generally small prize will be simply sent in the mail. The grand prize drawing may held on or around 2-3 weeks after the end date of sweepstakes. The winner is notified via direct mail or email with the contact details provided at the time of entry.
14. If I win and accept the prize package, will I be responsible for delivery of the prize package?
This depends on the sweepstakes. You can check the official rules for more details. Check the authenticity before you pay any fees for delivery.
15. Why is my state/province restricted from entry?
Each state has its own rules for sweepstakes, occasionally making it more difficult for a sponsor/organizer to offer a promotion in a particular state. Generally Florida, New York and Rhode Island often are excluded because they have more strict laws for high value prize. Sometimes Alaska, Hawaii, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada are excluded due to higher shipping costs for distributing a small prize. States of California, Tennessee and Utah are very strict for alcohol-related sweepstakes. States of Massachusetts, Michigan and Virginia are restricted for tobacco-related sweepstakes.
16. Does SweepstakesBible run the sweepstakes featured on this site?
No. SweepstakesBible brings together the best sweepstakes from the internet for your convenience. However we are not involved in organizing contests or the awarding of prizes in any way. Once you click the ‘Enter to Win’ link, you leave this site and are taken to a third party website over which we have no control. You should use your sense while entering any sweepstakes.
17. Does anyone really win these contests?
Yes. There are hundreds of people win sweepstakes every day. They get small prizes like a T-shirt or CD, to life changing prizes like a new car, Vacation, house or a million dollar cash prize. There are no any guarantee that you will win next sweepstakes and also not assurance that you won’t win. Some retired person or freelancers wins regularly, as they daily enter in few sweepstakes.
18. How to promote your own sweepstakes?
There are various websites those aware participants of US about new sweepstakes every day. https://www.sweepstakesbible.com is one of them. Main motive of sweepstakes for the organizer is to get as much as participants possible. The more you get, your brand will more promoted within the same prize amount.
Submitted by admin on August 3, 2019 05:19am