Sweepstakes is posted on :
Sweepstakes is available between : 1 March 2019 - 8:00am - 30 April 2019 - 11:59pm
Local : 50 United States and the District of Columbia
The Neighborhood to Nation Recipe Contest is back for fifth consecutive year. This year, it is bigger than ever. Foodservice operators, chefs or line cooks can enter their one-of-a-kind recipe, using an eligible General Mills product to win 1 of 10 Regional Prizes worth $20,000 or the Grand Prize Package valued at $50,000. We’ve doubled your chances of winning by having TWO winners per region. Other new perks this year include:
Limit: You must be at least 21 years of age and a foodservice operator, chef or line cook who develops recipes for menu items served to paying guests at an independent, commercial restaurant or food truck operation. You may submit as many recipe entries as you want but each entry should be submitted only once.
How to Enter:
Visit www.neighborhoodtonation.com and submit your original recipe using at least one ingredient from General Mills Foodservice’s participating brands. After that, provide all requested information in entry form to receive one entry into the contest.
A panel of qualified judges will judge all the entries on the basis of Taste, Appearance, Creativity, and Foodservice Viability. The highest scoring two Regional recipes will be selected form each Region.
Again, Judges will judge all the 10 Regional Winning recipes on the basis of Judging Criteria and the Regional Recipe with the highest Total Score will be deemed the Grand Prize Recipe Winner.
Regions By State
- West: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington
- North Central: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Wyoming
- South Central: Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas
- Northeast: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington D.C.
- Southeast: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia
People’s Choice Award
The 10 Regional Winning recipes Photos will be posted on the Neighborhood to Nation Facebook page on or about August 1, 2019 for one week period. The public will able to “Like” their favorite Regional Winning Recipe photo. The photo with the most “likes” will be awarded with the “People’s Choice” award and an additional $1,000 for their designated charity.
(1) Grand Prize Winner:
$2,000 to share with a local charity
A trip for two to the 2019 New York City Wine & Food Festival from October 10-13, 2019 (ARV: $7,500)
- Round-trip coach air transportation for two
- Hotel accommodations for three nights
- Ground transportation
- Entry to NYCWFF, events at NYCWFF as determined by General Mills
- $500 spending money
(10) Regional Prize Winners
$1,000 to share with a local charity of their choice
A Hometown Celebration Event that will take place at the Winner’s restaurant or food truck
Publicity package capped at $15,000.
Total ARV of each Regional Prize is $21,000