The Covid-19 pandemic reminded us in true terms that, “health is wealth.” All of us sat up and started taking our health seriously including the usage of products that can promote our physical health and well-being and taking medications on time. However, the virus also made it risky to leave our house with the freedom we once had and this led to the popularity of online shopping. This is both a safe and a more comfortable choice as you can get the products delivered to your doorstep without having to step out of the house.
Industries around the globe are adjusting to this new trend and pharmacies have also joined the bandwagon. CVS Pharmacy is one of the biggest industry chains in the United States. CarePass is a paid membership program offered by the CVS pharmacy in exchange for a small monthly membership fee of $5. By paying the membership fee annually, you can get a 20% discount and have to pay just $48 which comes down to $4 monthly.
This membership can make you eligible for a variety of online and in-store benefits like:
- Free shipping and delivery of qualifying prescriptions within a day or two.
- No minimum purchase to qualify for free delivery.
- Special discount of up to 20% on CVS Health Brand items including supplements, personal care products, vitamins, and some OTC medications.
- The promotional reward of $10 when purchasing online or in CVS pharmacies.
- Members become eligible for collecting 2% of each purchase back in the form of points which can be used to get discounts on future purchases.
- A 24/7 pharmacist helpline to answer all your queries on medication and related products.
- Free prescription delivery, and more.
However, you might not require this service forever and might consider a cancellation after some time. If you wish to cancel your CVS CarePass membership, then you can choose between any of these three below-mentioned methods:
Cancel Carepass Membership Over Phone
This is a convenient method for people who wish to speak directly with members of the company. However, this can be a very time-taking process and you need to handle the same with patience. You can reach out to CVS CarePass customer service from Monday to Friday between 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM ET, and between 8:30 AM to 9:00 PM ET on Saturday to Sunday. You can cancel your subscription over the phone by following these steps:
- Call 1-833-320-CARE and request cancellation of your membership. You might require to offer a suitable regional code.
- After initiating the call, you must hold for a while until an agent picks up the phone.
- The agent might ask for your account details and so you should have the same handy before placing the call.
- Ask for proof of request in the form of a confirmation email or number.
Cancel Carepass Membership Through Their Website
If you don’t wish to engage in a telephonic interaction, then you can go to CVS’ website and terminate your membership manually. This is a preferred choice of users who wish to be in control of the cancellation process through the following steps:
- Next, log in to your cvs.com account by providing the requested credentials like your username and password.
- Navigate to the Cancel Plan page and select the “Cancel” tab.
- Finally, terminate your subscription.
Cancel CarePass Membership Through Email
If you don’t feel like calling the CVS CarePass customer care number or have failed to cancel your membership through the company website, then you can try unsubscribing through email. You should address the mail to [email protected] and include other relevant account details in the mail body. However, you should refrain from sharing your password and similar sensitive financial credentials. This email should be sent four to five days before the renewal date as this ensures adequate time to communicate with the company so that you don’t have to pay for the next membership period.
FAQs Cancel CarePass Membership
Can CVS Carepass membership be paused instead of canceling?
No, you cannot pause the CVS CarePass membership and the only way out is to cancel the same. However, you can sign up for a different account whenever you are ready to use it again.
Can you get a refund from CarePass?
If you have already changed the payment method then CVS will not offer a refund after canceling the CarePass membership.
What happens after canceling the CVS CarePass membership?
On canceling the CVS CarePass membership, you won’t be an active account holder any further and cannot claim any of the associated benefits on completion of the cancellation process. It is advised to look over your bank statements to ensure no unwanted CVS charges have been made on the following billing date.
Both these methods are pretty time taking and require users to be extremely patient throughout the same. If you cancel your CVS CarePass subscription ahead of time, then you will be eligible to enjoy the membership benefits till the end of the monthly billing cycle. It is advisable to submit a CVS CarePass cancellation request at least three days before the expiry of your membership so that you have enough time in hand to deal with potential auto-renewal problems.