Sam’s Club, a leading name in the retail market attracts millions of customers to its stores yearly. It also accepts different types of payment options given the growing number of members. Walmart is the owner of Sam’s Club and this causes most of us to wonder whether Walmart gift cards are accepted at Sam’s Club. Gift cards are issued by Walmart in digital eGift and physical plastic versions. Both these types of gift cards can be redeemed at Samsclub.com and Sam’s Club stores.
Can you buy everything at Sam’s Club with a Walmart gift card?
Yes, Walmart gift cards can be used for purchasing any product in Sam’s Club ranging from food to alcohol, furniture, electronics, and more. However, these gift cards might sometime have restrictions set by the giver. These cards are known as restricted gift cards and can either prevent the recipient from buying cigarettes or alcohol either in Sam’s Club or Walmart or entail buying specific items like Turkeys during Thanksgiving. The prohibited items are usually stated by Walmart on the shopping page of the specific card. You can contact customer service at 1-800-925-6278 for further information or inquiries.
Why are Walmart gift cards accepted by Sam’s Club?
Walmart is the parent company of Sam’s Club and possesses complete control over its operations as the retail chain is under its ownership. Thus, both Sam’s Club and Walmart are owned by the same entity despite being different stores selling different products. Since Walmart owns Sam’s Club, the latter can accept Walmart gift cards as a payment mode.
What are the benefits of paying with Walmart gift cards?
Walmart gift cards are cute presents that can help express your appreciation for your friends or family to celebrate special occasions like Christmas or graduation. The cards can also entitle them to some discounts. While using a gift card, you can enjoy a more pleasant shopping experience by skipping long queues at the checkout. Since the gift cards have prepaid money in them, they can be used for making contact-free purchases. You will just have to show the card to the attendant and they will do the rest. The gift cards can also be used to purchase gas at Sam’s Club and Walmart’s fuel stations provided you are registered in the Sam’s Club membership program.
What are the different payment modes accepted by Sam’s Club?
Sam’s Club accepts the below-mentioned forms of payment in the different locations across the country:
- Sam’s Club Credit
- American Express
- Walmart MasterCard
- Walmart Rewards Card
Can you make online purchases with Walmart gift cards at Sam’s Club?
You can use your eGift card from Walmart to buy items online from Sam’s Club. Some other accepted payment forms for the online store of Sam’s Club include:
- Debit cards
- American Express
- Sam’s Club Credit
- Prepaid Credit Cards
- Digital Wallet Service
Can you use Walmart gift cards to pay at Sam’s Club gas stations?
Some Sam’s Club outlets have gas stations where the members can refuel their vehicles. The acceptable payment methods vary between Sam’s Club retail stores and the gas stations. Nonetheless, you can use the Walmart gift cards to pay for gas at the Sam’s Club outlets.
How to use a Walmart gift card at Sam’s Club?
Walmart offers two types of gift cards, an eGift card purchased online and a physical gift card which works like a regular debit card. Read on to know the detailed operations of both these cards:
- Plastic gift cards – You can use a plastic gift card both online and for in-store purchases at Sam’s Club. However, you need to know the PIN attached to the gift card before using it online. The PIN is located under the silver scratch-off area at the back of the card. You will be limited to using the card in-store if your Walmart gift card doesn’t have a PIN. Customers who aren’t Sam’s Club members need to pay a 10% service fee to shop at the store or on the website.
- eGift cards – Just as the name suggests, the eGift cards can be used only for online purchases. However, you can trade in one for a physical gift card. You can use the eGift cards at the same locations as the plastic gift cards including the website and brick-and-mortar Sam’s Club stores. They can also be used on Walmart’s website and stores. For using an eGift card at a gas station, you need to print out the gift card email and trade it for a plastic gift card at a Walmart store. Alternatively, you can take a printout of the confirmation email and bring it to a Walmart store. The printout must include both the card number and PIN so that you can make the replacement. However, you won’t get this option normally at Sam’s Club.
Do you need to be a Sam’s Club member for using a Walmart gift card?
If you are not a Sam’s Club member but use the Walmart gift cards at the store or online, then you will be charged a 10% service fee. You can get a basic yearly Sam’s Club membership plan for $45 whereas a Sam’s Club Plus membership can be availed for $100 yearly and comes with extra benefits.
How to use a Walmart gift card online?
- Add your chosen items to the cart and proceed to checkout.
- Choose “Gift Card” from the available payment methods.
- Either add your new gift card or apply the ones you have saved.
For getting more information on using Walmart gift cards, navigate to its terms and conditions page.
Can you earn points using Walmart gift cards?
You can earn points while redeeming the Walmart Rewards cards. It lets users earn a cashback of up to 5% for purchases made on the Walmart app or Walmart.com.
Walmart gift cards serve as the perfect Christmas present as your loved ones can carry them around easily and use them to pay while shopping at Walmart stores. This also holds for Sam’s Club where you can redeem the Walmart gift cards. There is also an option of using the Walmart gift cards at Sam’s Club gas stations.