Do you have a talent for coloring? If yes, then now is the time to turn your creative hobby into a source of income. Coloring isn’t just a pastime; it can also be a profitable endeavor. Whether you’re looking to earn some extra pocket money or even turn coloring into a full-time job, we’ve got you covered.
Coloring for Dollars: How to Turn Your Artistic Skills into Income?
- Create and Sell Coloring Pages
- Craft Coloring Books
- Utilize Coloring Apps That Offer Compensation
- Establish Yourself as a Coloring Content Influencer
- Launch a Coloring Niche Blog
- Sell Your Artwork Online
- Test and Review Coloring Products
- Initiate a Niche YouTube Channel
- Offer Art Therapy Services
- Develop an Online Coloring Course
- Pursue a Career in Interior Design
- Launch a Coloring Box Subscription Business
- Craft and Sell Design Elements
- Host a Coloring Workshop
- Become an Art Teacher
- Illustrate for Children’s Books
1. Create and Sell Coloring Pages
If you possess a creative streak and enjoy drawing, consider converting your coloring page designs into a side hustle by selling them online as digital downloads. Even if you don’t consider yourself an artist or lack access to complex design software, selling coloring pages is now easier than ever with user-friendly tools like Adobe Photoshop.
- Best Websites – Etsy, Sellfy, Payhip
- Income Potential – Over $3000 each month
2. Craft Coloring Books
You can create the book once and sell it repeatedly at no additional cost. You can even use free software like Canva to create adult coloring books, ensuring that any graphics used have commercial use or public domain licenses. Many find it to be a stress-relieving and grounding activity that helps them unwind after a long day. Some engaging themes for your coloring books are Color by Number, Mandala Magic, The Secret Garden, Cosmic Coloring Quest, A World Traveler’s Palette, and Tropical Paradise.
- Best Websites – Etsy, Amazon KDP, Lulu
- Income Potential – Approximately $10000 each month
3. Utilize Coloring Apps That Offer Compensation
Coloring apps have witnessed a surge in popularity as a means of relaxation and artistic expression. Several color apps offer monetary compensation for doing what you love. One such app is Mistplay, which boasts a loyalty program in partnership with new coloring game apps like Cross Stitch, Tap Color, Coloring Book, and Coloring Mandala. By joining Mistplay’s community of 2 million active users and testing new coloring games, you can earn units that can be exchanged for Visa cash cards or online shopping gift cards for platforms like Amazon and Starbucks.
- Best Apps – Mistplay, Tao Fill Arts, Tap Pics, Zazzle, FineArt America, Redbubble, Turning Art, Storenvy
- Income Potential – Approximately $100 each month
4. Establish Yourself as a Coloring Content Influencer
In today’s era of social media, communities united by shared passions effortlessly connect and consume content from around the world. Capitalize on this by creating your own coloring content and sharing it on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, or YouTube to become a coloring content influencer. Eventually, monetize your platform and influence through affiliate partnerships, sponsored ads, and even art brand ambassadorships.
- Income Potential – Above $1000 per month
5. Launch a Coloring Niche Blog
Starting a coloring niche blog is a highly recommended endeavor. Write about topics such as selecting the right coloring materials, tips for beginners, color theory, and everything else related to the coloring niche that you’re passionate about. Utilize tools like Keysearch to analyze keyword topics that online users are searching for and determine the demand. As traffic to your blog grows through the right strategies, generate substantial income through display ads, affiliate partnerships, sponsored posts, and other revenue streams.
- Income Potential – Between $500-2000 per month
6. Sell Your Artwork Online
Monetize your talent by getting paid to color to your heart’s content and selling your masterpieces online. This offers an excellent way to fulfill your creative side while boosting your income. Here’s a clever tip: frame your artwork beautifully and charge premium prices for it!
- Best Websites – FineArtAmerica, Etsy, Facebook, Shopify
7. Test and Review Coloring Products
When you’re well-versed in coloring, your knowledge extends to various coloring products and materials. Why not get paid for testing and reviewing products like coloring pencils, crayons, paper, inks, and books? Transform your experience and expertise into cash while assisting fellow artists in discovering the ideal products for their needs.
- Best Websites – The Art Gear Guide, Sarah Renae Clark, Influenster, Supersavvyme, Usertesting
8. Initiate a Niche YouTube Channel
Creating a YouTube channel dedicated to coloring can be an exhilarating and fulfilling endeavor that brings joy to both you and your audience. This platform allows you to share your creative ideas, whether through coloring videos, tutorials for viewers, or reviews of new art supplies. Establishing a YouTube channel is straightforward and requires only a few minutes. Once your channel is operational, regularly publish content that provides entertainment, information, and unique value related to coloring.
9. Offer Art Therapy Services
Art therapy is an approach that utilizes creative expression to enhance mental health and overall well-being. To pursue this path, you may need certification, typically in the form of a Master’s degree in Art Therapy or a related field. Depending on your location, you may also require state licensure. As an art therapist, you can practice in diverse settings, such as schools, nursing homes, private practices, or mental health clinics.
- Best Websites – American Art Therapy Association, The Art Station, Art Therapy Blog
- Income Potential – $47940 per year
10. Develop an Online Coloring Course
Once you’ve achieved a level of proficiency in coloring, empower other aspiring artists to learn and grow, just as you did—and earn money while doing it! Create an online coloring course that breaks down your methods into practical tips and tricks, along with insights into your preferred coloring materials. Package and sell these courses as a source of passive income or offer live online sessions at premium rates for more engaging and personalized instruction.
- Best Websites – Squarespace, Michaels, LearnWorlds, Payhip
- Income Potential – $3000 per month
11. Pursue a Career in Interior Design
If you have a knack for coloring, you likely possess the ability to draw as well. Designers frequently use paper and colored pencils to conceptualize and illustrate interior concepts for clients, aiding them in visualizing their visions. You can employ your coloring and illustrative talents to imagine and decorate spaces, experimenting with color schemes, innovative textures, and patterns to alter their ambiance.
- Best Websites – The Ladders, Upwork, Truelancer
- Income Potential – $66376 per year
12. Launch a Coloring Box Subscription Business
Generate income by curating and selling coloring box subscriptions tailored for children and adults. Each subscription can include entertaining coloring pages, a variety of coloring materials, carefully selected art supplies, and more, all based on different themes for each shipment to maintain interest.
- Best Websites – Pop Shop America
13. Craft and Sell Design Elements
If you possess coloring and design expertise, leverage your abilities to generate income by creating and selling dynamic design elements to businesses and brands. Utilize free online design tools like Canva, or invest in Procreate if it aligns with your budget, to produce clip art, geometric shapes, generic logos, graphics, and more, which can be sold on platforms like Creative Fabrica. Alternatively, draw and color designs on paper, then digitize them by scanning, transforming them into digital design elements. If you already operate an Etsy store, consider adding these design elements to your portfolio of creative products for art enthusiasts to purchase directly.
- Best Websites – ArtDHope, Turbo Squid, Designs Cut, Big Cartel, Creative Market
- Income Potential – Upto $700 per month
14. Host a Coloring Workshop
With your skills, originality, and access to coloring materials, consider organizing a coloring workshop to earn income while doing what you love. You can structure the workshop as a skill-building session for novice artists or as a fun and engaging activity to enjoy with friends. Promote your workshops to friends, neighbors, and local businesses, as well as organizations like playgroups, nursing homes, and community centers that may benefit from this creative activity.
15. Become an Art Teacher
Teaching others the art of coloring offers another avenue for sharing your passion while earning income. Even budding artists may not always possess the knowledge of suitable color palettes for their drawings or how to apply color finishes effectively. Opt to teach art online or in-person, conducting group or private lessons to reach a broad audience and maximize your earnings.
- Best Websites – Teach901, Preply, Jooble
- Income Potential – $23.01 per hour
16. Illustrate for Children’s Books
Consider pursuing a career as a professional illustrator for children’s books. As an illustrator, you can leverage your understanding of color to set the tone for a story, bringing characters and situations to life in a way that captivates children’s imaginations. Collaborate with authors and publishers or embark on the ambitious venture of producing your own children’s storybook from scratch, identifying gaps in the local children’s book market for inspiration.
- Best Websites – Superhero Project Kids, Design Pickle, Ghost Writers Hub
- Income Potential – $42.42 per hour
Whether it’s part-time or full-time, your earnings can range from $10,000 to $100,000 per year, depending on your expertise and dedication. With the right skills and a dash of creativity, you can transform your love for coloring into a rewarding business venture.